Disney just revised its release schedule for movies through 2022 and has removed an untitledfilm from its 2020 dates. Was it ? While there’s no way to know for sure, it was expected to be one of the next films in production.
In axing the July 31, 2020, date, Disney and Marvel have opted to release just two films that year. Now, the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe films will be:
- : March 8, 2019
- : May 3, 2019
- Untitled Marvel: May 1, 2020
- Untitled Marvel (potentially Doctor Strange 2?): Nov. 6, 2020
- Untitled Marvel (possibly ?): Feb. 12, 2021
- Untitled Marvel (I’m out of ideas, maybe ?): May 7, 2021
- Untitled Marvel (no really, what could this be? X-Men?): Nov. 5, 2021
- Untitled Marvel: Feb. 18, 2022
- Untitled Marvel: May 6, 2022
- Untitled Marvel: July 29, 2022
The list doesn’t include. That film is being released July 5, 2019, by Sony Pictures, even though with specific licensing agreements, is still a part of the MCU.
Now that, numerous Marvel characters have been brought back under a single banner. What does that mean for the future of the X-Men in the MCU? It’s truly anyone’s guess, but as Techhnews’s Ashley Esqueda explains below, a Doctor Strange sequel could open up a whole realm of new possibilities…