After some false alarms, thefirst trailer for hit Friday morning, immediately sparking an and a and speculation. The trailer made its appearance before the end of the year as Marvel President Kevin Feige had insinuated it would. It arrived one week after the one-year anniversary of ‘s first trailer — causing as that date came and went.
And finally, we have a name.
The dark trailer opens with Iron Man in space, in a ship he presumably found (and/or cobbled together) while on Titan, waxing poetic aboutin a recording meant for fiance Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow). Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) seems like a beaten man who’s accepted his fate. “Part of the journey is the end,” he says.
“Thanos did exactly what he said he was going to do,” Black Widow says. “He wiped out 50 percent of all living creatures.”
“We lost, all of us,” Captain America says. “We lost friends, we lost family, we lost a part of ourselves. This is the fight of our lives.”
The trailer features a lot of, but more importantly we get our first look at Hawkeye ( , maybe?) IN YEARS. (Probably both for us and the Avengers, truthfully.)
Also, let’s not forgetfeatured footage never seen in the movie. This trailer probably won’t be much different. Not that we think this shot of is a misdirect, but it certainly looks like a than we’ve seen before. Same timeline? New universe? Big questions all around.
Here are some(and some things we have questions about):
- Uhm, anybody seen since her latest trailer?
- How did SCOTT LANG (aka Ant-Man) get out of the quantum realm?!? Cap sees the smallest Avenger on a screen and says, “Is this an old message?” Feels like we’re going to be asking that question more than once. (Yes, probably a time vortex, but still.)
- Why is there no look featuring those “leaked” OG New York set photos? Are those saved for later? Were they a misdirect?
- Cap is beardless and Thor is bearded. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I just wanted to mention it and include a photo.
- Why does Marvel list the YouTube video as simply “Marvel Studios’ Avengers“? No second half of the name, no info, nothing. Is this a trick?
- ????MAYDAY: SHURI IS MISSING AND/OR SNAPPED ????Looks like the list of has some updates.
We’re definitely still left wondering if directors the Russo brothers were trolling us with thatfull of silhouettes and ladders. We do know the movie may be a beast in length, as director Joe Russo revealed less than a month ago it long (at the time, that is).
Hot on the heels of, is pushed forward and now to set to open globally on April 26, 2019. Endgame will star, well, we think pretty much everyone who’s ever been in an MCU movie.
According to the, we still have 139(ish) days to go.
: Think Avengers: Infinity War was intense? Stay tuned for part two.
How to watch every MCU property in the perfect order: From Marvel films to the shows on Netflix, here’s the best order to experience the MCU.